From Grace Kelly to Princess Diana, a look back at some of the best royal bridal beauty of all time: https://t.co/XwnlptdyaZ pic.twitter.com/aSbT8CBOY8— Vogue Magazine (@voguemagazine) December 1, 2017
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, Princess Diana's second son, will soon tie the knot on May 19, but we're curious to know what Markle's dress will look like.
As we wait for their big day, we reminisce about Lady Di's beautiful day. Her wedding dress was striking but it also had very small details that only a true observer could notice; Elite Daily tried to find them all ...
Prince William, Prince Harry put more of Princess Diana's famous clothes on display at Kensington Palace. https://t.co/NOPUJfGqWj pic.twitter.com/VuYAG4RQbi— ABC News (@ABC) April 13, 2018
- Her dress was inspired by a fairy tale. She looked like a real princess.
- It was composed of ivory silk, lace making, and incredible embroidery.
- The embroidery had 10 thousand sequins and pearls (all by hand). In addition, it had a tail of approximately 7 meters.
- The dress had a tight fitted and boned bodice.
- The lower part of the dress had tulle so that the skirt looked more voluminous.
Princess Diana changed the world's perception of HIV and AIDS patients, became an anti-landmine activist, worked to remove the stigma around leprosy, and regularly visited London's homeless shelters. #InternationalWomensDay pic.twitter.com/04W6DaBizy— Complex (@Complex) March 8, 2018
- Her three-quarter sleeves were tied by taffeta ties that gave the dress a perfect finish.
- In turn, she wore a crown of her family, a blue bow, an 18-carat gold horseshoe with white diamonds on the waistband of her dress. Ivory silk shoes with pearls and sequins (just like her dress), and suede soles with gold accents.
Princess Diana, holding her youngest bridesmaid, stands beside the Queen as they wait for formal photos to be taken. pic.twitter.com/MeKrxJcRpN— History Lovers Club (@historylvrsclub) February 16, 2018
But not only that: she did not show the dress until the day of her wedding.
Its designers began to create a backup dress (in case the original was leaked); This was very similar, but in the end, it was never finished. According to People, when the designer showed her the design of that dress, she had to quickly break the sketch to avoid leaks.
Wedding dress designer David Emmanuel remembers Princess Diana https://t.co/M5812ZpkBF pic.twitter.com/vJOOJjjxI8— CBS News (@CBSNews) September 3, 2017
14 never-before-seen photos of Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding https://t.co/M56ohjCh50 pic.twitter.com/B68xu8AavP— Yahoo (@Yahoo) August 12, 2017
Will Meghan also have two dresses in case one is leaked? There is little left for the wedding, but we can't wait for May 19 to figure out!
You Might Also Like