Mark your calendars and join the trend because January 2nd is officially the most popular day of the year to have sex.
"Buy why? If every day is the best day for sex!" you ask? According to Independent, this is "the day when millions of young couples have sex in the hope of falling pregnant."
The second of January is such a popular day to conceive that it has even been coined National Baby-Making Day.
Because most couples are desperately trying to land a September baby, they are going to extreme measures for getting preggers, as noted in a recent study by Channel Mum.
“Falling pregnant isn’t always easy so couples who have been trying a while will attempt almost anything to help," said Channel Mum founder Siobhan Freegard. "While there isn’t much medical science to back up these tips, our members swear they have all helped and we have hundreds of bouncing new babies to prove it."
According to the study, "71 percent of couples will try wacky tricks to boost their chances of conceiving," including eating not just any fries, but McDonald's french fries after sex.
Here's a list of the different bizarre methods, as posted on Channel Mum:
- 58 percent do air bicycle for at least three minutes.
- 39 percent use reverse psychology and tell themselves that they don't want a baby. Then, they have a wild night and forget about "trying."
- 37 percent eat dark chocolate every day.
- 32 percent eat pineapples and drink pineapple juice.
- 15 percent sleep in total darkness, turn off their phones, devices, and WiFi.
- 10 percent wear socks during sex and the week after to keep their feet warm.
- 7 percent do "dry January" and stop drinking for a month.
- 6 percent avoid having an orgasm for a week after sex.
- 5 percent wear green and use green bedsheets—it's believed to be a fertile color.
- 3 percent eat McDonald's fries immediately after having sex.
- 1 percent of men wear frozen underwear.
- 0.5 percent pierce their nose on the left side because Eastern Ayurvedic medicine claims this can make the woman more fertile.
You Might Also Like